Surface of discovered planetoid fails to render

foobarbazbuzz
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: OSX Pending

I have discovered a few planetoids in my game. When you discover it, you get the special notification, the planetoid appears in your dropdown list, and you can view the surface, etc.

But for the watery planet (Watano), while I was able to view it at first, it quickly stopped working. The first thing I noticed was that status icons (e.g. "no input pipe") from the right edge of my main asteroid were visible just off the left edge of the water planet, i.e. the views for the different asteroids were not well-separated. Shortly after that, the watery planet stopped being visible at all. Now, when I open it, I see a half-rendered view for a moment (lots of empty space, some bits from my other asteroids, etc). and then my view forcibly switches to another planetoid.

I am sad because of all the planetoids, I was most looking forward to visiting the water one :(

Save file attached.

ID - fork 2.3 Cycle 491.sav

Steps to Reproduce

1. open attached save

2. attempt to view planetoid Watano

User Feedback

It seems the worldgen is a bit broken after latest updates :sad: (the result of "taller" space maybe?) And Terra start is even worse for Water planet (what spawns above is the frozen planet and not the oil one like swamp or forest start.

Share this comment