Slimelung germs transfer to solid tile

Eldenissio
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

User Feedback

2 hours ago, zbanan002 said:

Are you sure the tile hasn't been built from the material that had germs on it?

Never ever seen Igneous rock being infected. Even if it was, after disinfection, Slimelung shouldn't spread in solid tiles.

Share this comment

14 hours ago, Eldenissio said:

Slimelung shouldn't spread in solid tiles

I think slimelung spread in solid tiles since it was introduced...

Share this comment

Want to upvote this...Was confused why dupes were disinfecting a insulated tile; Found slimelung on 2 solid insulated tiles.  I was careful not to dig a slimelung block out in this area.  Built right next to an infected slime block.  Now, it seems that the germs continue to grow until they hit 1 million, and then it infects a solid tile next to it.  At the one million mark, 6k germs transfer to the insulated tile, and the total on the slime block drops by about 10k.  I'm seeing it on Gold Amalgum, clay, sedimentary rock, and algae within a few blocks of the Insulated tiles.  I'm not sure the exact trigger, but this was not expanding this way until after I built here about cycle 160.

All the solid tiles that aren't slime show the germs are dying in a solid, but the germ count continues to go up due to the transfer from adjacent slime tiles.  Maybe the slime chunks stop triggering the over-population effect.  I'm seeing all normal slime blocks capping at the overpopulation limit of about 850k.  But these select few are no longer capping out until the 1 million mark, and then the transfer happens.

image.thumb.png.06342d931fa4c6df25cf0c9c899d7eb0.png

image.thumb.png.88405ca458759fe8cb15b5ef90972fc6.png

As the OP mentioned, Igneous Rock is used as the building material.

Edited by ivanisovich

Share this comment