Rocket Ports and Radiation and crash

deva642
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Rocket port

So my rocket modules would not load anything, have tested this for all port and modules. So the rocket ports say "uses the filters set on linked rocket platform". But unless i'm really missing something, there is no obvious way of setting any type of filter on the rocket platform or on the module itself which would make better sense. Spend 30 mins looking at this and i could not figure out why it would not load. After saving and reloading it finally started filling up the liquid cargo with water immediately after the load. Havent been able to reproduce after the save/reload in this save, but the info in the port is was also misleading and not helping. Ill just chalk it up to a one time mishap. I switched out so many modules on that rocket, i don't know why it didnt want to load the storage, but i am very certain that it did have the correct port for the corresponding storage module.

But to be fair. Why does the port say it uses filter on the platform while there is none? And why is there not a filter option on all the different cargo modules instead.

I personally dont need a filter on modules or platforms, as i dont really see a use for it, I would build a separate platform if i need some stuff to have priority for transport. The game could really get some better clarification on how some things work in the item description. Or the ingame database updated, that hasnt been done for ages. So this description needs updating or the platform should have a obvious item filter.

Radiation

Also is it possible to already play legit with radiation? Because i have not seen any radiation outside of creating itself with the Research reactor. Which does require to be researched with radiation. I'm guessing its required to start out creating radiation with beetas? If this is the way, then i dont know what im looking for, is it a critter you can ranch? do you need to feed it? or does it just live in the beetafinery as a non-entity? Where do i find it? The database just says its a critter.

Uranium ore also isnt highly radioactive as the description says, i know that debug or temp debug gets rid of radiation if the interface is on and game is running. The debug tool probably shouldn't get rid of radiation to begin with for just activating it. It should not change how the game would originally work at all unless interacted with.

But even when pausing the game at the start, going to the planet with uranium, there is no radiation anywhere. i have already switched between dlc and vanilla and testing branch so it redownloads the game. Unless i am again missing something, there is no legit way of getting to uranium technology atm.

So i could test out radiation with the radiation tool, but it still would not be an accurate representation of actual ingame mechanics to see how and if it works. If you want people to test new stuff, you probably shouldn't put in only half the stuff. Or at least mention in the test branch patch what is still missing. I wouldn't care if you have a flying hatch and paint it yellow and call it temp beeta. As long as it is there. Uranium ore should probably be radioactive, that's what the description says. Or my game is just bugged and doesn't have radiation to start with. But again i don't know, because i don't know what is or isn't in the testing branch. Nor can i search for it on the wiki or database.

tldr: List of bugs encountered so far

Cannot load rocket cargo modules, could not reproduce after save/reload.

Rocket ports: description says "uses launching platform item filter", which does not appear to exist.

Research reactor: in database under "Nuclear Energy" paragraph still referred to as Nuclear Reactor which may cause confusion

No Beetas spawning and Uranium ore not radioactive. (which might not be in the game atm, but prevents legit getting to Atomic Research progression)

And crash when replacing the left most rocket single nosecone with the bigger capsule

NO mods were active during this session

Steps to Reproduce

was just fiddling around with the new engines and tried to replace a single nosecone for the bigger capsule and it crashed, don't know if it would after trying to do it again

Factory.sav DxDiag.txt

User Feedback

"Is it possible to already play legit with radiation?"

If you can see research reactor in research tree, it means you are playing the testing branch. If you are playing in the testing branch you can click the radiation overlay and see what produces radiation. There is also a new station for atomic research (atomic collider)

image.png.30a3b3df65bbc81e511547348869c493.png

Share this comment