Rocket Platform Melting at Launch

Totta
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

As I launched a rocket from a lead rocket platform, the platform just melted!

20210512201554_1.thumb.jpg.74ef58a805589b6c0f5b93edfd364911.jpg

It leaves a cloud of gaseous lead, that rapidly vanishs through space.

20210512201559_1.thumb.jpg.7b95184953059d9cc9608d1482021cab.jpg

Tested with Cooper and Steel, and it worked fine. It's happening just with Lead.

Steps to Reproduce

Launch a rocket from a Lead platform.

Howling Abyss.sav

User Feedback

That's hilarious but probably not a bug. Lead wire melts as well. Lead just has a really low melting temperature and maybe shouldn't be used for a rocket platform :)

Share this comment

21 hours ago, Tiru said:

That's hilarious but probably not a bug. Lead wire melts as well. Lead just has a really low melting temperature and maybe shouldn't be used for a rocket platform :)

I thought so, but it's probably a bug because the platform text indicates the overheat temp as 1980 ºC.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Totta said:

I thought so, but it's probably a bug because the platform text indicates the overheat temp as 1980 ºC.

@Totta Overheat temperature and melting temperature are two different things. Overheat is when the building starts taking damage and requires repairs and will become broken, but still repairable if the temperature cools. Melting temperature is when it liquifies and is destroyed. There are some buildings, like the kiln, that never overheat but will still melt. 

Share this comment

On 5/15/2021 at 1:33 AM, Tiru said:

@Totta Overheat temperature and melting temperature are two different things. Overheat is when the building starts taking damage and requires repairs and will become broken, but still repairable if the temperature cools. Melting temperature is when it liquifies and is destroyed. There are some buildings, like the kiln, that never overheat but will still melt. 

I know they're different. My point is it makes no sense at all the melting point being lower than the overheat point. 

Share this comment