Rocket Interior is heating over 80C

SgtPepper
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I don't know if I am missing a gameplay mechanism, but even without any heating generating equipment a rocket interior can raise its temperature uncontrollably. The only remedy is to dismantle it and build it again.

20210524024221_1.jpg

20210530012330_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

I have found that this is easier to reproduce in third planetoid, but have witnessed in staring base as well.

User Feedback

Did you by any chance put really hot oxygen in the canister emptier? (that gas bottle in front of the canister emptier looks like it is ~95C )

Share this comment

I will monitor it and report findings again. In one instance I had the interior heat up uncontrollably with temperature rising (without any more oxygen added).

Share this comment

Ok, now I have a better understanding, you were right that the rocket interior was heating because of the oxygen being too hot. I caught it up upon being on the canister emptier where the oxygen reached 325C ! I have screenshots of the canister filler storing oxygen in 43C. So I cannot understand how this was heated in such high temperature.

20210530180955_1.jpg

20210530181019_1.jpg

20210530181043_1.jpg

Share this comment

1 hour ago, SgtPepper said:

20210530181019_1.jpg

Hmmm... So.. I have more questions :D 

Did you by any chance launch a rocket in that platform? It seems there are several things super hot (I can see an atmosuit and some copper/other metal ore perhaps? And something behind the atmo suit. Bottles of oxygen perhaps?)

1442146781_heatsource.thumb.jpg.6dd963e9c397e64228d0707929f48b01.jpg

Normally even 90C oxygen when put inside the spacefarer it should start cooling down, because everything inside is ~20C. Unless the oxygen is hundreds degrees hot.

My short explanation would be : dupes being dupes

Rocket platform is considered a building so everything on top of it can overheat by the exhaust of the rocket. My guess is that dupes dropped one (or several...?) bottles of oxygen in front of the rocket as they where delivering inside the spacefarer. When the rocket launched that oxygen bottles overheated. When your rocket returned and dupes started putting oxygen inside the rocket again, they (of course) chose to put the super heated one instead of the "normal" temperature oxygen...

Edited by sakura_sk

Share this comment

Hi, it isn't the exhaust of the rocket responsible for the super hot items. It was the origin of the 'bug' I raised where the interior of the rocket reached ~300C and I had to dismantle it. The interior of the rocket had the atmo suits that are shown in screenshot. The new rocket was not launched so I cannot pinpoint the high temperature on exhaust fumes.

You were right on the oxygen behind the atmo suits though (also part of the dismantled rocket interior) that is really hot ~350C. So the question is how come the oxygen in the rocket interior reached such high degrees. I plan to disperse the oxygen to space and see if this can happen again.

20210530222405_1.jpg

20210531010423_1.jpg

Edited by SgtPepper
Screenshot added

Share this comment