Rocket in invalid state results in unacessible save game

PedroS123
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Hey folks
Somehow, I managed to create a rocket in an invalid state, and by trying to fix it managed to lock myself out any recent save games.

The initial problem was that I somehow created a rocket that the game thinks is deleted, and every time I to delete the last piece, it throws an error that GameObject can't be deleted because it already is.

This also happens in Sandbox, and through all variants of deleting things I could try.

But to go a step beyond, I also tried to create a valid rocket in the platform and make it go to orbit. Unfortunately, not only did that result in a crash, but also all save games since I selected "select destination" (prelaunch) are completely broken, throwing the following error

"Assert failed: Implementation does not support multiple components with optional components, type OrbitalMechanics, 1, 0"

I'm attaching two saves:

BrokenRocketCantDelete: When only the rocket is in a broken state, but the save is accessible

BrokenSaveAndRocket: Both rocket and the save are broken 

If by any chance the fix is straightforward and you can fix my save I'd appreciate it, otherwise I can live with the broken rocket :)

Thanks a lot!

Here are the stack traces for both errors

--- Can't delete last piece of rocket 

Assert failed: Attempted to destroy a GameObject that is already destroyed.

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Debug:LogError (object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:142)
Debug:Assert (bool,object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:188)
Util:KDestroyGameObject (UnityEngine.Component) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/Util.cs:140)
OrbitalMechanics:OnCleanUp () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/OrbitalMechanics.cs:31)
KMonoBehaviour:OnDestroy () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:230)

Build: EX1 S14-472677-S

--- Can't access save file

Assert failed: Implementation does not support multiple components with optional components, type OrbitalMechanics, 1, 0

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Debug:LogError (object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:142)
Debug:Assert (bool,object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:188)
SaveLoadRoot:LoadInternal (UnityEngine.GameObject,IReader) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/SaveLoadRoot.cs:368)
SaveLoadRoot:Load (UnityEngine.GameObject,UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Quaternion,UnityEngine.Vector3,IReader) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/SaveLoadRoot.cs:282)
SaveLoadRoot:Load (UnityEngine.GameObject,IReader) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/SaveLoadRoot.cs:263)
SaveManager:Load (IReader) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/SaveManager.cs:386)
SaveLoader:Load (IReader) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/SaveLoader.cs:375)
SaveLoader:Load (string) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/SaveLoader.cs:1054)
SaveLoader:OnSpawn () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/SaveLoader.cs:113)
KMonoBehaviour:Spawn () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:285)
KMonoBehaviour:Start () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:243)

Build: EX1 S14-472677-S

Steps to Reproduce

I'm not sure how I got to this state. Originally I thought it was because I deleted the platform before the rocket, but I loaded a previous save where I think the rocket and the platform where regular and still ran into the invalid state.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Changed Status to Fixed

I also managed to get some rockets into this invalid state yesterday. I figured it was just because of the developer tools I was using, but I've fixed it so it shouldn't crash anymore. You may need to launch and land the rocket to see the background objects in the interior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thanks Eric. Just to confirm, is the fix coming the next patch? AFAIK I am using the latest test branch.

Share this comment

I just got the same error too, was perfectly fine an hour ago. The thing is i didn't change anything to the rocket, it just happened randomly.

Share this comment