Resin Rooster causes crash while eating

Tiru
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have a reproducible crash with the resin rooster. I reported this back in the testing branch when this was first introduced, and have sent several crash dumps but I'm still getting it in the current live branch on a different playthrough. Since I don't see anybody else having reported this (by searching the crash text) maybe this isn't happening to many people.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

SapTree+StatesInstance.EatFoodItem (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Plants/SapTree.cs:196)
SapTree+<>c.<InitializeStates>b__9_4 (SapTree+StatesInstance smi, System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Plants/SapTree.cs:108)
BucketUpdater`1[DataType].Update (DataType data, System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:96)
UpdateBucketWithUpdater`1[DataType].Update (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:79)
StateMachineUpdater+BucketGroup.AdvanceOneSubTick (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:152)
StateMachineUpdater.AdvanceOneSimSubTick () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:244)
Game.SimEveryTick (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1368)
Game.Update () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1344)

Note in the attached log only look at the first crash of the EatFoodItem method call. I left the crash screen open for a while and I guess the game kept running and was generating more crashes but those were post-crash with the crash dialog window open.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Drop a large amount of food on the resin rooster. 

It won't always crash immediately but will eventually always crash. In the attached save file there are some stacks of barbeque lying up on the solar panels from unpacked canisters. Sweep them all so they're dumped on the tree and it will probably crash while eating before it is all gone. If not, reload and try again

Acropolis Cycle 1504.zip Player.log

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.