Refrigerator fails to cool very small amounts of food

Yobbo
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

The new cooling mechanic with fridges is great, but it seems to have problems with very small amounts of food. I'm not really sure how i got 3mg of meal lice in there, but when i did the fridge got locked on 100% power usage and the temperature of the minute amount of meal lice failed to change from room temperature although everything else in the fridge cooled very quickly.

I'd guess somehow it's transferring heat with the surroundings (or the fridge itself) and because of the tiny amount this happens faster than the fridge can keep up. The rest of the contents warmed when the fridge was unpowered and cooled again when powered, but the tiny amount of meal lice didn't change much (it changed by 0.1°C or so, but that might have been incidental).

Steps to Reproduce

Put a really tiny amount of room-temperature food in a powered refrigerator. Mine had three milligrams of meal lice (3097 mcg i think was the precise amount but i'm not sure as i somehow deleted it while trying to fix the problem).

Expected result: a tiny amount of food is even easier to cool than normal amounts of food.

Actual result: somehow the tiny amount of food cannot be cooled, although the refrigerator certainly tries its best.

User Feedback

While fridges still don't cool the tiny amounts of food, i consider the problem gone now that they no longer waste power trying. As such this can probably be closed.

Share this comment