Refinery converts water

cos702003
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Polluted water converted to clean water using a refinery.

Steps to Reproduce

Using  an uncooled polluted water loop from a liquid container to a refinery and back is my setup. The pipe exploded from overheating right at the refinery output, spilling clean water everywhere. I have no clean water anywhere in that area. Attached save file is right after the explosion, still releasing water.. This was during game play and I did not attempt to repeat the experiment. If I was doing anything at the time of occurrence, it was building a gas system just off screen. Nothing related to the actual event.

The immediate area was around 165C in temperature, but I did not see any steam /condensation events. I attached the file from just after it happened. Water is still spilling from the refinery. I have earlier saves if desired.

WaterConversion.sav

User Feedback

You are feeding the refinery 75C polluted water. Making steel increases the temperature of polluted water by 56C. Polluted water converts to steam+dirt at ~120C. The polluted water exiting the refinery is at ~130C meaning it instant converts to steam+dirt but the surrounding area condenses the steam back to water immediately and the dirt is left in front of the refinery. If there was 110C polluted water entering the refinery, it would exit as ~165C polluted water.

Only the first 10kg of polluted water were converted to steam+dirt (there are still 290kg more and are waiting to exit the refinery). Every time the pipe is fixed, 10kg of polluted water exits the refinery, instant converts and breaks the pipe again.

You could deconstruct the refinery if you want to see  more steam :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Share this comment