Overlays not overlaying

Big Mug
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Since updating to Fast Friends the full-screen overlays in-game are no longer being shown properly. I've attached screenshots of a few but have tested all of them, contextual information from near the cursor still pops up properly but not the large area recolouring. The fog of war is also completely gone from each planetoid I've discovered, revealing all of the geography but not showing detail tooltips on anything uncovered by this if I hover over them (tooltips work fine for areas I've uncovered with dupes). Infrastructure overlays will show the relevant structures (i.e. pipes, wires and rails) but won't fade everything else and the materials overlay only highlights built tiles and debris - natural tiles, gases and liquids are not highlighted.

20220603013820_1.jpg

20220603014012_1.jpg

20220603014020_1.jpg

20220603014029_1.jpg

20220603014038_1.jpg

20220603022800_1.jpg

20220603022815_1.jpg

20220603022823_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

This happens on loading a game or when starting a new colony. I've tried the toggling the low-resolution textures option and disabling all mods, neither has any visible effect.

User Feedback

This issue seems to be specific to your configuration, we've not seen it happen elsewhere. Could you confirm that it doesn't happen on the previous version build? You can do so by switching to the public_previous_update beta branch in the Steam properties for the game.

• Like 1

Share this comment

It was definitely working as expected before Fast Friends, I had the same issue when I joined the public test of Fast Friends a few weeks ago but I'll revert to the previous build to check and upload my logs.

Share this comment

Thank you for checking. There were a number of minor graphical changes made in the update for performance reasons, but nothing that I could see causing an issue like this. I'll investigate some more.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I also have no name in the head menu only icons 

I mean vital consumable planing research 

No name only icons 

Sorry for my english 

Thank u

Edited by AcidErr0r

Share this comment

my game is doing the same thing, no overlays or black fog covering the map. i loaded the  public_previous_update and everything worked fine

Share this comment

ok as you have asked here you go. When i roll back the patch version every thing worked fine. it is only with the newest version that the overlays dont work.  

Player.log

Share this comment

We have investigated this issue further and have been unable to reproduce it. It seems to only occur on old mobile CPUs from 2010-2011 with integrated graphics, which are below our officially supported minimum specs. One of the computers we tried was a laptop from that era with similar specs even though we don't officially support it.

The only thing we can recommend is upgrading your graphics drivers if possible.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I've been playing ONI on a different PC but just had a peek at Whatta Blast! on the machine I was getting this issue on and it's now working as normal, so I'd like to say thanks.

Thanks!

Share this comment