Output and Intake Fittings delete resources

fritt
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

When an output and intake fittings try to push and pull the same resource from the same tank at the same time, a packet of that resource gets deleted. It probably has some correlation with a game speed (sometimes not destroying all of the packets on slow speed, rigorous testing is needed).
Tested with gases and liquids, grounded rocket and not.

Edit: turns out an output fitting alone deletes resources when used. Pumping 1100kg of liquid from a liquid cargo tank on medium speed resulted in 70kg being deleted. So this is not an edge case, fittings are simply broken.

20220125003239_1.jpg

20220125003300_1.jpg

20220125003313_1.jpg

20220126032358_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

Build a rocket with a single tank, fill it, connect output and intake fittings with a single pipe (probably works in other arrangements)
Power the output fitting, observe the amount of your resource dropping continuously.

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Ok, seems like it is not nessecairly related to interaction between fittings. I've setup an automation to disable an output fitting when a liquid passes through. Although it significantly decreased the amount of liquid being destroyed, it still happens, especially on fast game speed.

Deletion occurs when the output fitting is active: it simply draws liquid more quickly than a pipe can handle

20220125040754_1.jpg

Edited by fritt

Share this comment

I'm pretty sure it gets even worse if you use the external loaders. I haven't seen the bug happen without them, but with them it was as much as 50% of all in-out.

Share this comment