Missing Teleporter Transmitter

JohnJohnston
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

FRST-C-1567048949-SL3  Build:U35-479045-5

On the planet connected to the home planet via the teleport system, the starting base appears too close to the neutronium. This caused the teleporter transmitter on that planet not to spawn. There are also some interesting worldgen things going on at the homeworld too, a giant vacum hole and many abyssalite breaks run through the map due to buildings spawning on top of the seam.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Steps to Reproduce

Generate a world using the seed FRST-C-1567048949-SL3 in Build:U35-479045-5. Travel through the teleporter transmitter on the homeworld. The destination planet will not have the paired teleporter transmitter, leaving the dupes stranded.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

When I generate that world I see the large hole (surprising but possible) but I don't see the misaligned teleporter landing area. Does your teleporter world have the Alternate Pod Location world trait? When I generated this world with the seed you provided it has Crashed Satellites.

I wonder if your worldgen files aren't fully up to date. The teleporter landing area alignment issue was noticed yesterday and a fix was included in today's release (481350). The build number you mentioned is from before we added world traits to Spaced Out, is it possible that it was generated on the previous public testing build? 

Try generating the world again and see if the problem persists. If it does please check the following file and see if startingBasePositionHorizontal (line 41) has min: 0.4 and max: 0.6.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\dlc\expansion1\worldgen\worlds\OilRichWarpTarget.yaml

Regarding the Abyssalite breaks, we only prevent it from happening when two neighboring biomes have extreme temperature differences so what you see here is expected.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thanks. I generated this world a a day or two ago from the default Steam version, so not the public testing build. Reinstalling got the most current version, and the seed generates a different yet similar map. The teleporter is indeed intact on this version. Not sure why my Steam client didn't recognize there was an update, but it appears you already fixed this issue, so thanks!

Is there any way to add the teleporter to my current save while maintaining its integrity/achievement earning?

Share this comment

It looks like I need to make further adjustments then since this could conceivably still happen.

You can use the developer debug tools if you're familiar with them. Destroy the existing area removing both teleporters and stamp a new base template down. The template is expansion1::bases/warpworldSwampBase. It won't allow you to earn Steam achievements if you do this.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment