Mess table not being used.

Vayu
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Closed

I have a problem that I cannot get the mess tables to work. I built a valid great hall but yet, the mess tables remain unused. In one of my earlier colonies, it worked as expected, mess tables were automatically assigned and also used. In my attached save game it appears that the mess tables are even ignored if I manually assign them.

Even though I logged this issue with MacOS, it is also present on Windows.

Cheers

Ganymede.sav

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Load the save game.
  2. wait for the dupes to eat, they will not eat in the great hall

alternative

1. Load the save game.
  2. assign somebody to a mess table automatically
  3. wait for the dupes to eat, the assigned dupe will not eat in the great hall

User Feedback

Did you select the "No Sweat" Option when Opening Your Game?
https://prnt.sc/NjSUlzUW87O3

The calorie values of your duplicants do not decrease when I click on them and they always show as 4000.
https://prnt.sc/4p2yVoMInEJv

If their calorie value does not decrease, they will not eat.

https://oxygennotincluded.fandom.com/wiki/Game_Settings

Do not mix any settings for a true survival experience. Choose Survival next time.
(Turkish to English google translate and grammarly extension)

Share this comment

Ahhh, this explains things, let me check all settings then. I was under the impression that I chose the survival mode etc. Thanks for tracking it down!

Share this comment

Duplicity hasn't been maintained in a while, but last i checked it was still possible to use it to edit game settings and save it without corrupting a save. Just don't open the Duplicants tab, it definitely can't handle looking through that. You can try to just modify your existing save, if you don't want to restart.

• Big Ups 1

Share this comment

Nah, I restarted, culprit was the coordinate I used. I did not anticipate to include the game settings as well (although it makes a lot of sense) and this is what you get for carelessly copying the coordinates without checking all the options in the game. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! The new game I started acts as expected now!

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Vayu said:

Hayır, yeniden başlattım, suçlu kullandığım koordinattı. Oyun ayarlarını da dahil etmeyi beklemiyordum (çok mantıklı olmasına rağmen) ve oyundaki tüm seçenekleri kontrol etmeden koordinatları dikkatsizce kopyalarsanız elde ettiğiniz şey bu. Beni doğru yöne yönlendirdiğin için teşekkürler! Başladığım yeni oyun artık beklendiği gibi çalışıyor!

Super!

Share this comment