Memory Toggle behaviour is strange when initially built

Dabzi
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

When a memory toggle is initially built, the graphic (i.e. the border surrounding the gate) shows an red/unset state. However the output will emit a green signal.

This output signal cannot be made red by activating the reset port (presumably because the gate thinks it is already unset, so ignores the signal).

Once an initial green signal is sent to the set port, the memory toggle graphic and output align, and the memory toggle will work as expected.

Build: U50-581979-5, No mods enabled

Steps to Reproduce
  1. When building a memory toggle, the output port will initially output a green signal, however the graphic (coloured border on the gate) indicates that the memory is unset/red.
  2. Sending a green signal to the reset port will have no effect.
  3. After sending an initial green signal to the set port, the output & gate graphic now both align (i.e. set).
  4. The gate now behaves as expected, supplying a green signal to the reset port now correctly results in a red signal for both the gate graphic & output

Screenshot 2023-11-19 014546.png

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I have this issue too, 

However, it seems to apply to some old memory toggles too. 

The two on the left were built after the update, all others are from before. However, I did play around with the middle and second from the right

Additionally, they also seem to push out 4 bits of automation as seen when connected to a ribbon writer.

image.png.2f5bd6e0d08227917e07391f67bce9e6.png

Share this comment