Local save folder points to steam folder instead of %DOCUMENTS%

The0s
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

After loading 469473 i found that all my saves were gone and my local mods were gone. Using the load save button pointed the local save area to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files instead of the %DOCUMENTS%\Klei\...

Steps to Reproduce

Browse to the local save section from the load save menu and it will point you to a subfolder in steam.

User Feedback

I played on Sunday night, saved around 10EPT then tried yesterday around 6EPT to find the local save (and all configuration, e.g. music levels) reset to defaults - I saved a game locally and found it buried in the steam folder.

Share this comment

It's really strange that the update on Friday worked but not the one on Monday. The only difference is the OSX binary and there were no code changes. I believe what's happening is when we request the path to the Documents folder it's returning an empty path so it's defaulting to the relative path instead.

Can you think of any local changes that would cause this?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Found it. A windows update came in and altered "protected folder access settings". How annoying. Close this one out.

image.png.a733a67cdc4695535d8fcf0c4372c5fb.png

Share this comment

Controlled folder access has been the primary culprit for most file permission issues I've seen. This is the first time I've seen it block the entire Documents folder. Glad you were able to resolve it!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment