little nosecone with exo-suit at the door does only fly once after loading the game. then door is locked forever until reloading the game

PrintItMeep
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

precondition:

• have a steam rocket with the little nosecone
  • add exo suit dock at the front of the entrance (inside the rocket)
  • the dupes can only access the rocket with exo suits of corse
  • set the destination to orbit (roundtrip)
  • asign a proper dupe and click on launch
  • the rocket launches once (and returns)
  • the dupe gets out of the rocket

failure

• no dupe can enter the rocket anymore
  • go-to commands do not work. not even to the first tile into the rocket (where the exo-suit dock is)

workaround:

• save the game
  • load the game

notes:

maybe this is caused by some weird behaviour because the rocket is at the bottom of the map? the save game file is 14MB big, so I chopped it into two parts with zip archiver. one is uploaded in the Issue-description and one is uploaded in the steps to reproduce. hope it works

The Idyllic Creuw.zip.001

Steps to Reproduce
  • have a steam rocket with the little nosecone
  • add exo suit dock at the front of the entrance (inside the rocket)
  • the dupes can only access the rocket with exo suits of corse
  • set the destination to orbit (roundtrip)
  • asign a proper dupe and click on launch
  • the rocket launches once (and returns)
  • the dupe gets out of the rocket
  • try to start the rocket again

The Idyllic Creuw.zip.002

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

still happening, also with automation wire for two rockets. They don't launch until I save and reload the game, then they launch imediately. and then nothing happens again. Save and reload the game - works once again.

Also it has nothing to do with the exo-suit dock inside the rocket. because the new rockets don't have any. I can also share my new savegame, but upload is limited.

Share this comment

Only Joshua can access the rocket due to this door's permissions. I launched Joshua on a missions and they came back and were able to launch again. I'm not sure what steps I'm missing.

1. Load your save
  2. Select Joshua as the crew
  3. Launch the rocket
  4. Wait for the rocket to return
  5. Try to launch the rocket again (success)
  6. Try to send other dupes to the rocket (success, once I change door permissions on the door in the screenshot)

image.png

Share this comment

yes, in the state of that Savegame (that I uploaded) I was checking it myself and while playing along - I also found the door setting which was not set correctly. Then I thought.. did I filed a bug incorrectly now or what? But as I played along this bug seems to occure until now. See also my last comment. The setup of the rockets is different now and when I reload the savegame, the rockets launch normal. But then again it fails until I reload my game. Maybe it is something off with my environment that this happens? I don't know. Only thing I know, is that it happens to me.

I didn't play the last days (because of the bug) but can upload my latest savefile maybe.

And just to say it: I really appreciate that you had a look (me, being a programmer too - makes me think of my "fellows" at your place. Keep up the good work)

The Idyllic Creuw.sav

Share this comment

right after my comment I loaded the save file, the signal turned green, the rockets flew & came back. The rocket above had a green signal on return, so it went on in the air right after return. But the other rocket at the bottom: Ari went out of the rocket and nobody ever will have access to go into the rocket anymore.

I recorded my screen and will upload it here also. If you ever need more info or even a call/screenshare - we can make it happen of corse.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

The bug happens when the rocket launches and lands in the same framewhich is not guaranteed to happen. This can only happen if a rocket is traveling to orbit with roundtrip enabled like in your second save. However, in your first save the rocket is traveling two tiles away from the asteroid. Do you recall if the reason you tried 2 tiles away was to get around this bug?

• Like 1

Share this comment

Yes, it was. I don't remember in which configuration I uploaded my first save-file.. I tried many different scenarios and also I tried with 2 tiles away (roundtrip). I didn't know anymore for sure in what configuration I uploaded the first save-file. But the description of the bug was "to orbit". sry for the confusion.

Share this comment