Linux crash on startup

Gazeboist
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

I get the Klei splash page, then what looks like an error message flashes onscreen and the game closes. Earlier this afternoon I had to reboot my laptop in order to get around an apparent game freeze, so for a while I wasn't sure if it was that or the update that dropped today. Already updated my laptop today, so that's not the problem. Based on the log (attached) I think there might just be a segfault or something, it's hard to tell. Steam file validation consistently fails, so I still am not really sure. That said, I've tried uninstalling and then manually deleting ".config/unity3d/Klei/Oxygen Not Included" as discussed in the pinned mac-related topic, but that didn't fix things.

Anyone have suggestions? Anyone else on linux having similar issues?

Steps to Reproduce

Crashes on startup from steam library.

User Feedback

I've determined that this was caused by a problem with my steam install that had been preventing steam itself from updating since early last July. (you can see some evidence of it in the log I posted), not a problem with ONI itself. Glad the game prompted me to fix it, though.

Share this comment

On 3/13/2021 at 11:41 AM, Gazeboist said:

I've determined that this was caused by a problem with my steam install that had been preventing steam itself from updating since early last July. (you can see some evidence of it in the log I posted), not a problem with ONI itself. Glad the game prompted me to fix it, though.

Glad to hear you resolved it. Thanks for sharing the details of what caused it.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment