Inconsistencies with errand types related to ranching

sprouthesprout
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Certain ranching errands have inconsistencies in regard to the type of errand they count as for the purpose of dupe priorities.

For example, delivering eggs to incubators counts as a farming or supplying errand, not a ranching or supplying errand, as shown here:

image.thumb.png.f1e9aeea57985ded76689a33fee68b23.png

Additionally, while I am uncertain if this is intended or not, stocking critter feeders only counts as a ranching errand, and is not also counted as a supplying errand, as shown here:

image.thumb.png.63843bda78aaccf0584f497a580e47b5.png

While this can be mitigated to a degree by giving dedicated supplier dupes high ranching priority without giving them the Critter Ranching I skill, it does not feel like intended behavior, as it is inconsistent with other cases of dual errand priority, such as with supply errands to cooking stations or machinery and their associated errand types.

Steps to Reproduce

Have an incubator or a critter feeder in your colony, choose an egg/feed type for them, and be impatient enough to look at the errands tab of the building information to see why the egg/feed hasn't been delivered yet.

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Changed Status to Fixed

The Incubator errand type is fixed in the Fast Friends public testing build and I've made the Ranching Supply errand also Supplying in the next update to public testing.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment