Hydrogen infinite storage getting colder

Mereth
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Hi,

I have an "infinite gas storage" below an hydrogen geyser. It ran smoothly for a while but it is now loosing 10 to 20°C per eruption cyles while the input is +-130°C hydrogen.

bug_oni_cold_hydrogen.thumb.jpg.2587309eaf4c0c1ecafb10cf7d105031.jpg

Maybe it has someting to do with the "volcano freezing water" bug.

Attached, a save file with an upcoming geyser eruption cycle that display this behaviour.

Regards

Steps to Reproduce

Load the attached save file

Observe the "infinite storage temp" during the Hydrogen geyser eruption cycle.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I've had this same bug as well, I'd been more or less under the assumption that it's the same volcano freezing bug (which is, I assume, a bug with the interaction between two different temperature liquids/gasses). Is your build close to the right side of your map, by chance?

I've found that moving the gas storage to another location (more towards the left) alleviated the issue, if you want a workaround while we wait to see if the volcano fix improves the matter.

Edited by ashridah

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Yes, this is the "volcano freezing bug" which occurs near world boundaries on some asteroids. What's happening is the area is updated multiple times in a simulation tick instead of once and it's more noticeable with volcanoes. I've tested your save locally with the fix and compared it to the live version and it will be fixed in the next update.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

Thanks, glad to ear that.

2 hours ago, ashridah said:

Is your build close to the right side of your map, by chance?

It is. I'll try your workaround, or make liquid hydrogen for free in a few cycles XD

Share this comment