Hot Keys not working

bwicked
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hot Keys for overlays F1-F3 and F5-F8 do not work and have not worked since the last update a few days ago. I had removed the Preview DLC and returned to the original game and tested and all the Function hot keys were working. So I re-installed the DLC Preview Alpha build and it stopped working again. I accidentally reported this on the other ONI bug forums so maybe it was over-looked. With Spotify open, it seemed that F5-F8 had returned to windows default and was controlling my Spotify program from within the game. Also F1 mutes the game now, as my keyboard indicates F1-F3 are windows hotkeys for controlling volume. I thought maybe I pressed some key combination or something. Unsure why the original ONI game without the DLC the function keys are fine and with the DLC enabled these specific function keys no longer function within the game. I've checked the key binds and they haven't changed. Is there something I'm missing or is there an issue with the DLC's key bind assignment for these hot keys?

Edit:
Edited out the launcher music missing. Jambell happened to find my other post and informed me the missing ambient sounds on the Launcher screen are intended and will be rebuilt as things are added to this DLC.

Steps to Reproduce

Install DLC: Things broke.
Remove DLC and re-download original game: Things work again.
Re-install DLC: Things are still broken.
/shrug

User Feedback

I finally figured it out today. Was reading into on some old forum, but they were using a laptop with a FN key. I got to thinking and I look down and sure enough... my gaming KB has a FN key. I guess it toggles windows hot keys and I'm sure my cat has stepped on it or sat on it a few times at least. Unsure why removing the DLC somehow fixed all my function key-binds and how having the DLC installed listened to the status of that FN key. /shrugs

I found a fix at least. I totally thought it was something to do with the DLC. Maybe this will help someone else some day. ;)

Share this comment