Great Hall Conflicting Rec building

Tartarus Plays
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Water cooler and other recreational buildings conflict with great hall room.

Building these removes the bonus and the game says to remove the conflicting building.  Same with party phone.

Rec room does work.

Steps to Reproduce

Build room in great hall size.  Add decor item.

Add any rec building.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I'm guessing the same class of bug effects the Nature Reserve

Here we have a building that meets all requirements to be a Nature Reserve, but claims there is a conflict:
image.thumb.png.df7ed1e86fcf593b3395061184a5ebb0.png

I make it 2 tiles smaller, to 64 tiles and it correctly is classified as a Nature Reserve:
image.thumb.png.565079ae80769a27c56a7fd26278689c.png

What is going on? I don't know. But it is interesting that when the room could be either a Nature Reserve or a Park, it is allowed to be a Nature Reserve, if it's not allowed to be a Park but is allowed to be a Nature Reserve, it's not allowed to be a Nature Reserve, so maybe conflicts are "leaking", along with the lines of "if ANY possible room has conflicts, it's a Miscellaneous Room", rather than "if ALL possible rooms have conflicts..."

Edited by blakemw

Share this comment

I am also getting this bug, specifically with the Great Hall and Nature Reserves.  My nature reserve is less than 120 tiles, has a park sign, and says that I need to remove conflicting buildings.  My great hall was exactly 120 tiles.  First I removed the drywall, then the motion sensors for my lights, then my lights, then my coolers, and only after removing the cooler(s) did the error change to say I needed a recreation item.  I tried the juicer in the cooler's place and same problem.

Share this comment

This bug is not fixed, Have a great hall setup, in a spacefarer module, says remove conflicting building. 32 tiles, rec building is a party phone, remove party phone, it says add rec building

20221221165138_1.jpg

20221221173800_1.jpg

20221221173838_1.jpg

Edited by Darqen

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Darqen said:

This bug is not fixed, Have a great hall setup, in a spacefarer module, says remove conflicting building. 32 tiles, rec building is a party phone, remove party phone, it says add rec building

the reason for your problem is something else

Share this comment

58 minutes ago, Sanchozz said:

the reason for your problem is something else

Ahhh, I see, makes sense, cheers

20221221173838_1.jpg

Share this comment