Gold volcano freezing water to -268.7C

zbanan002
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

On the first/closest planet accessible by rocket there is a gold volcano. I submerged it in 20C water and upon errupting the center part of a volcano is changing the water to -268.7C ice momentarily. There is also some dug up ice underneath with higher temperature. I didn't realize what was happening at first and dug up some of that ice few times.

obraz_2021-02-27_025345.png

image.png

Steps to Reproduce

Check the save, go to the planet called Leafani, dig up the ice near the volcano and wait for next erruption.

SSE 006 gold vulcano ice bug.sav

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

There's something shady going on with water and temperatures. I don't even know when this is happening, only to realize in the middle of the game "oh, there's ice there". A goddamn 10 tons of ice tile - out of nowhere, this is crazy.

2021-02-27 224130 ice out of nowhere 1.png

2021-02-27 224251 ice out of nowhere 2.png

SSE 014.sav

• Like 1

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

This should be fixed in the next update. A save/load is required. Thanks for the report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

I am guessing that this fix is still not live to this day (12/04/2022), cause i am still getting it.

Spoiler

1761339464_Capturadepantalla(696).thumb.png.452869a18fbfa1f694a5438b132366d4.png

Edited by melquiades
Added screeshot.

Share this comment

1 May 2022 - bug is still there (see the screenshot).

While trying to "fix" this I added polluted water and funny enough emitted polluted oxygen started turning into solid oxygen (!!!). 

20220501084536_1.jpg

Share this comment

There hasn't been a shipped update since February, yet. There's a seemingly large patch coming, given how long it's been in progress. You'll need to wait until after the patch to verify the behavior is fixed.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Sorry but I don't understand, this bug was reported on February 27, 2021, so it should already be fixed or the fix is still not live? In another discussion, yesterday a Dev said it will be in the next patch but as the issue is from last year I'm a little confused.

Just a question about this, as this is an almost game-breaking bug, wouldn't be better to have it fixed right away instead of pushing all the fixes in a single big update that the users don't know when is coming?

I'm just saying this because I know of players becoming demotivated by this sort of bugs so much that they stop playing. The game can last thousand of cycles, so having to stop or begin anew is very stressful and pushes to stop playing.

I also have to find a way around this on my third asteroid, after having suffered already a big waste of time trying to set-up an electrolyser right four-five times in a row, thinking I was doing something wrong. Please consider fixing this sort of bug right away ! :)

Edited by giuzy

Share this comment

23 hours ago, giuzy said:

wouldn't be better to have it fixed right away

It was "fixed" two or three times already but these immediate fixes didn't properly fix it as it was shown in later bug reports where it was still occurring. The most recent fix is not live yet.

It's not "game-breaking" if it doesn't break (crash) the game :rolleyes:

Share this comment

On 9/2/2022 at 12:59 PM, giuzy said:

almost game-breaking bug

Thanks for the answer. So it's a recurring issue that has not been completely fixed, got it. Still it could have been addressed in an hot fix every time it has been reported. I managed to avoid it in some way, so not a big issue but still annoying for the lost time.

Edited by giuzy

Share this comment