Game stuck on Klei logo

Isildor
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

Update: 2-22-2024

I fixed the problem by upgrading the ram to 16G.

Still might not handle late game or even mid-game, but atleast is playable at the moment (I'm not good enough to enter mid-game).

///

New linux system, new install and stuck on logo.

Below are my player log, the system is 2012 M14x R2, with 6GB ram and GT650M running EndeavorOS.

I noted that it might be a performance issue since its a 2012 laptop, however, the game runs on my 2014 Macbook Pro Retina (although a bit lag at times).

Player.log

Steps to Reproduce

1. Open steam

2. Download ONI

3. Open ONI

4. Stuck on Logo

User Feedback

Focus on ram memory, Ram Mhz and Motherboard north bridge(Mhz).
The game even runs on 4 core processors and 2GB GTX graphics cards.

But if the above Ram and Motherboard North Bridge Mhz values are low, you will experience performance problems.

Share this comment

There's not much to go on in your Player.log, could you post your lshw? It appears to be crashing inside a Steam library. Did you notice any issues playing other games on your system? Did you install Steam as a flatpak?

Share this comment

On 9/6/2023 at 9:16 AM, EricKlei said:

There's not much to go on in your Player.log, could you post your lshw? It appears to be crashing inside a Steam library. Did you notice any issues playing other games on your system? Did you install Steam as a flatpak?

Sorry for the late reply, I have given up on getting ONI to work. Anyway, heres the lshw file

lshw.txt

Share this comment

Same for me (the game freeze on Klei logo at load), but it was working. I added around 100 mod, try to launch, crash, remove the mods, try to launch, still crashing...
Uninstall Oni and reinstall it (via steam on latest linux mint) and still freeze on Klei logo.

Player.log

Share this comment

On 9/28/2023 at 11:24 AM, GammaNu said:

Same for me (the game freeze on Klei logo at load), but it was working. I added around 100 mod, try to launch, crash, remove the mods, try to launch, still crashing...
Uninstall Oni and reinstall it (via steam on latest linux mint) and still freeze on Klei logo.

Player.log 25.2 kB · 15 downloads

Have you found a solution? I still suffering issues.

Player.log

Edited by Isildor

Share this comment