Flashing Screen Issue

Titfingers
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Linux Known Issue

I just went to start digging out the area through the teleporter for the first time and found this happening [seizure warning]: https://i.imgur.com/XGcuQLB.mp4

The poor framerate of the recording doesn't really show how bad it was, but I think it would probably be enough to set off someone with epilepsy.

Steps to Reproduce

Reloading the world does not fix it.

Restarting the game fixes it initially, but reloading the world causes it to come back, although now the flashing is less severe. https://i.imgur.com/FcPyYpM.mp4

To clarify: the first time I load the world, it's fine and everything appears normal with no flashing. If it's not the first world that's been loaded since the game was last restarted, the flashing occurs.

I tried creating a new world and loading that first, then loading this world, and it still happens.

World seed is SWMP-C-1102881846-0, system specs and log attached.

User Feedback

Hi

I'm getting the same. Only happens after you've gone back to the main menu and back into the game. A fresh load lets me switch between the two planetoids without issue 

To add to behaviour, the speed of the flicker is also related to game speed, so Fast Forward flickers faster than Regular, and double-FF faster than that. Pause flickers fastest though

I also had a crash once while testing the behaviour of this trying to load in from the main menu at one point, which prevented the game from restarting. It would show splash screen and crash before hitting the main menu. Reloading steam fixed this and let me start up & load back in like normal

Build: EX1-445739
Linux: 5.9.14-artix1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT x86_64 on i3-gaps using NVIDIA 455.45.01-7

Tried changing / applying each graphics option while the game was running, also tried running with and without compositor, restarting in windowed mode, ensuring no browser session was running, & running with "-vsync false" launch option, all to no effect

Player.log Tunnel Vision.sav

Edited by HardcodeHagrid
added graphics driver

Share this comment