Empty payloads

clonedDanny
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

My interplanetary launcher started to fire empty packages. It's loaded with conveyor rail with ~15°C solid resin, when the package is 200kg it's fired to chosen destination. The resin dissapears and the payload is marked empty on the starmap (seen on printscreen). Payload after landing is normally picked up by a dupe and transported to a payload opener, there is obviously no resources inside so nothing happens after opening.

The problem is resin. Other resources travel in payloads without any problems

image.thumb.png.2187bb43c3e60a86bb30b7d7e65ff841.png

Steps to Reproduce

it just started to happening few hundred cycles after normal operation of interplanetary launcher, no changes in its setup. I tried to deconstruct it and build a new one but nothing changed.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I have the same problem, but when I send water. I though it occurred because both asteroids are contiguous, but I see that's not the problem. I dismanteled all payloads launchers, even the beacons, but it did'n work. I'm losing tons of preciated water each cycle because of this.

oniproblem.png

Share this comment

I think I have found a solution. If you only send one type of resource (liquid, gas or solid) throught the interplanetary payload launcher and there is only one type of conduit in this building, for example, if you want to send a liquid, then build a pipe only, not a conveyor or gas conduit. Then the payloads will not be empty.

Edited by Brikinhos

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Brikinhos said:

I think I have found a solution. If you only send one type of resource (liquid, gas or solid) throught the interplanetary payload launcher and there is only one type of conduit in this building, for example, if you want to send a liquid, then build a pipe only, not a conveyor or gas conduit. Then the payloads will not be empty.

Nope, this won't work at my game. Got only conveyor rail connected, without liquid or gas inputs

Share this comment

Anyone have any ideas on a workaround? I'm losing like 75% of my payloads here including oxygen for one of my colonies...

Screenshot_20220228_194655.thumb.jpeg.135f7cdcd2a2b2844853bb4a0b673770.jpeg

Share this comment

[08:26:31.806] [1] [WARNING] World has been destroyed before prioritizable <link="CRUDEOIL">Crude Oil</link>
[08:26:42.774] [1] [WARNING] World has been destroyed before prioritizable <link="ALUMINUM">Aluminum</link>
[08:26:42.775] [1] [WARNING] World has been destroyed before prioritizable <link="TUNGSTEN">Tungsten</link>
[08:26:50.633] [1] [WARNING] World has been destroyed before prioritizable <link="NIOBIUM">Niobium</link>

I'm getting these messages in the log and they're resources I'm shipping, could it be related?

[edit]

looks like OP has the same message in his log for the resource he was having an issue with:

[18:11:35.405] [1] [WARNING] World has been destroyed before prioritizable <link="SOLIDRESIN">Resin</link>

[/edit]

Edited by John Boehr

Share this comment

Man, when I was wishing there were more resource sinks besides Experiment 52B, I didn't mean having 90% of my interplanetary payloads just disappear. The icing on the cake is my dupes are spending tons of time hauling empty payloads to the payload opener for nothing.

Edited by John Boehr

Share this comment

As a potential workaround, I've been having good luck with this design so far. The rising edge detector (filter gates: 0.1s, 0.2s) resets the conveyor meter so it only fills the storage once the launcher is ready to launch. The top right filter gate is a diode and also keeps the generators running while the launcher is being loaded (~15-20s). Seems to have less problems. Still have to fly around to all of my colonies and replace them so not totally sure it's working yet, but I have six of them running off a nuke shipping regolith from the regolith planetoid that hasn't lost a payload yet.

launcher1.thumb.jpeg.cfa07ba5b4fce5d4afe87c99d27a88fe.jpeglauncher2.thumb.jpeg.75561592650831effeeed499a6ccf4d3.jpeg

Edited by John Boehr

Share this comment

Incidentally, is anyone else running mods? The only mod in my list that seems like it might affect this is the "Bigger Capacity" mod, but according to the wiki, the launchers capacity hasn't been changed in my game (1200kg).

Share this comment

I've found my solution as well. Apparently after few hundred cycles when game starts to lag, some packages might be missing when shot directly into the red no-building zone at the top of the map (that's only my observation). I resolved the problem by moving launcher further form the top of the map. 400+ cycles after that still no package was missing. Voila!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thanks for noticing that @Cystof! I also noticed one of my planetoids wasn't losing payloads where the launcher was below the top of the map but I didn't put two-and-two together to figure out the reason.

Sadly, I jammed too much stuff underneath my launchers in my current playthrough that moving them down would be a massive redesign I probably won't bother undertaking.

Share this comment

Lol, one of my launchers has a new problem. The contents are showing up as debris at the base of the launcher. Not sure if it's related or not. In this case, I don't believe there is a payload with "contents: empty"

launcherdebris.thumb.jpeg.3b910f9d71d29ab9e0aeac9fface4d09.jpeg

Edited by John Boehr

Share this comment

Here are some experiments I did. Bottom-line: An unreliable or switched off (!) beacon causes significant transport loss. A reliably working or non-present (!) beacon does not. My launcher is 3 tiles below the red-zone and I did not try moving it.

Share this comment

Started a new play-through after taking a break. Same problem. I built the launchers with one tile between them and the roof of the map. Perhaps I should've done more but I really didn't want to use the space.

Share this comment

Okay, I've rebuilt it with 7 tiles (meant to do 8 but I miscounted) between the top of the launcher and the red zone. Seems to be working fine so far. Infuriating.

Share this comment