Domestic dusk caps growing without fertilizer

NeoDeusMachina
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

First I observed my dusk caps were still growing even when I ran out of slime (0kg left on my map). In the 2 screenshots below, only 644,2mg left in the farm tile, its not going down, and the mushroom is still growing:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.edd81c4dde0c28f897843c211d9e95d9.pngimage.thumb.png.b789d63a4e56435272c6e2cb4413429f.png

Figured I'd reload, cause it usually solves weird bugs like that... but it ended up consuming the last few mg of slime in the farm tile, so there is nothing in there and as you can see, a few moment later, the dusk cap has grown... and it is still growing. Same happens to the other mushrooms that are out of slime on the left.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5f3c9ae9f919f247c76e9bf7d0452cd6.png

Haven't tested more than this. No idea if it happens with other plants, no idea if it consistently happens or if my save file is bugged. Is this happening to anyone else?

Just in case - no, those plants were not pip planted with the exploit, they were dupe planted and are consuming slime "normally", until they don't...

Steps to Reproduce

See above.

User Feedback

Hey, thanks for the report! 

This behavior might be by design. After a plant runs out of fertilizer it has a bit of a grace period before it stops growing. If the behavior persists for more than a cycle would you be able to share your save file with us so we can investigate further? 

Thanks!

• Sanity 1

Share this comment

10 hours ago, FluffyChicken said:

Hey, thanks for the report! 

This behavior might be by design. After a plant runs out of fertilizer it has a bit of a grace period before it stops growing. If the behavior persists for more than a cycle would you be able to share your save file with us so we can investigate further? 

Thanks!

Interesting - Working as intended. I ran the save a couple more cycles and the mush eventually stopped growing. I am actually surprised I haven't seen farm designs exploiting this grace period for "free" domestic farming. I guess there are far more convenient exploits. Anyway, the more you know! :-) Thanks for pointing this out, not a bug then.

Edited by NeoDeusMachina
  • Like 1

Share this comment