Deodorizer Providing Incorrect Oxygen Generated/Consumed Report

Beowulfe
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

There is currently a relatively severe bug with the way Deodorizer is adding to the Colony Report's Oxygen Generation.

With the addition of the Sublimation Station, polluted oxygen now counts as "oxygen generated". This is great, especially considering how useful the sublimation station is, but as soon as you add Deodorizers to the mix (to convert their polluted oxygen to oxygen), the oxygen report becomes significantly skewed:

image.png.69d36f65f3f0f5157f9dcdf684a71ce0.png

Note how Deodorizers consuming Polluted Oxygen and producing Oxygen counts as Oxygen Generation, BUT the polluted oxygen it consumes is NOT counted in the "Oxygen Consumed" column.

In reality, with the numbers shown here, I actually only produced about 355kg of oxygen (((390.1 - (327.7 / 0.9)) + 327.7), aka the Deodorizer's conversion cost plus the remaining polluted oxygen unconverted), resulting in a net loss of 33kg of oxygen, but because the polluted oxygen consumed by the Deodorizer isn't included in consumed, the report thinks I had a generation of +330kg.

This nearly killed my colony, as I didn't realize how low on oxygen I was getting until I actually happened to look at the tiles myself. No warnings popped up, and I thought I was generating a healthy amount of oxygen.

I'd suggest one of two things:

1) Deodorizer continues to show oxygen produced, but also shows oxygen consumed

2) Remove the oxygen produced by Deodorizer, and properly show the oxygen removed by the conversion cost (10%) in consumed oxygen

Either way, I was surprised how much such a small bug could affect a colony, hit me pretty hard. :D

Steps to Reproduce

Build a Sublimation Station, then a Deodorizer next to it, and view the day's Colony Report.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.