Dehydrated Food Rots

Xenologist
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

While I was playing around with the new dehydrator and stockpiling rations for a rocket mission, I noticed that rot piles accrued at the bottom of the dried food storage. Under what the game says, the rotting shouldn't be happening. I went back a couple of cycles and tested to see what was going on and yes, the dehydrated rations were rotting. Not only in the storage but also out of the rehydrator too---surprisingly not actually removing the rations from the storage though. I haven't yet tested to see if the rations can still be eaten. There's also a minor issue that every individual ration is listed in storage, when similar items like reed fiber or even regular food options don't list options individually if they're near-identical. I'm not sure if this is just an issue with Spaced Out! and its rockets, or if this is an issue with dehydrated rations in general.20231122162140_1.jpg.f51f981bc05f9623d98728bdbbeed14f.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

Simply run through the attached save for not even a full cycle and look in the rocket. You'll notice that rot piles appear, the rations still remain in storage, and the "Food has decayed (2)" notification.

The Lamentable Friendzone.sav

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I see dried food rotting all the time. It happens both inside and outside containers or dehydrators. Wasn’t the latest update supposed to fix this? Also, if dried food rots inside rehydrator, dupes will be unable to use it until you reload the game.

image.png

Share this comment

I checked the patch and no, there was nothing in it that said anything about fixing dehydrated food rotting. I should probably test if the foods are affected by the normal food-affecting factors too

Share this comment