Critter Count

manquistador
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

When looking at the domesticated and wild critter counts in the Daily Reports every one of them ends in a multiple of 10. I'm sitting at over 6000 total critters right now according to the game. When going through the Colony Summary it appears as if this only started when the total Domesticated Critter count exceeded 500. I found the cycles where the bug seemingly started, but I can't really pinpoint what the tipping point might have been. I do play with Sandbox on, but I don't use it to spawn critters. Even before the rounding error occurred the game doesn't seem to be calculating the number of critters properly. I don't think it is possible that I could have had 198 Stone Hatches like it says in the Cycle 231 picture even if the game is counting every Stone Hatch Egg as a Stone Hatch. Interestingly in my current cycle I have 22 ranched Stone Hatches, and the Daily Report says there are 220 tamed Stone Hatches.

In a separate save file I spawned in 66 Stone Hatches with Sandbox. This caused the Daily Report to say there were now 528 Wild Stone Hatches. There were 0 the previous day. Not sure if the game is just innately calculating each Stone Hatch as 8, and at a certain breaking point that number gets rounded up to 10.

Cycle231.png

Cycle232.png

Steps to Reproduce

Have a lot of critters and watch as the numbers don't represent the reality.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.