Bug? Freezing Arbor Tree Branches

lhutson
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I've noticed my arbor tree branches have stopped growing due to a problem with their body temperature. The ambient temperature, hydroponic farm cell temperature, and tree trunk temperature are all in the necessary range; however, the branches are reporting a temperature of roughly 10 degrees C, 4-10 degrees colder than what's around them. (In addition, the trees are being fed dirt and PW that are both approximately 20 degrees C.)

A few turns ago, they were growing just fine!

Is this a bug or is there something I'm overlooking? Thanks!

Arbor Tree.png

Steps to Reproduce

Unsure how to reproduce, sorry.

User Feedback

The screenshot does not show the trees body temperature. Could you hover over the red text in Requirements please? Maybe the liquid is uninsulated and heats up the farm tile?

Share this comment

Here are the temps for all related locations to the tree that was highlighted above:

Hydroponic farm tile - 18.8 C
Tree body temperature - 17.6 C
Liquid pipe (granite) - 19 C (contains 9.9 kg of PW at 20.2 C)
Tiles (sedimentary rock) on either side of hydroponic tile - 18 C (left)/18.4 C (right)
Tree branch temperatures:

10 C

10.1 C                       10.1 C

10.1 C                       10.1 C

12.8 C                       13 C

Ambient temperatures around tree:

15.4 C

15.6 C        16 C       16.3 C

15.6 C        16 C       16 C

17.5 C        17.8 C    17.9 C

Share this comment

Does this still occur when you remove the overlapping trees? I think the "body temperature" is sometimes shown in my save as a problem when the real problem is something else.

Share this comment

Sorry for the confusion. I haven't tried removing the overlaps. In fact, after only a couple more turns, the temperature "magically" jumped 10 degrees for the branches...without anything being done.

Share this comment

I have noted that some buildings are now also slow with temperature updates some times. A desalinator took about 300 seconds to update its output temperature. After that it was faster, but there still were delays. May be an effect from the efforts to optimize performance. Some updates may get stuck in a queue far longer than they should. 

Share this comment