100% crash on attached save - RotPile decomposition

Tiru
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Loading the attached save produces this result 100% of the time (during 3 attempts) within one cycle. I tried to find whatever was rotting to just go into dev mode and delete it but I don't have rot piles on any world and couldn't find any stale food lying around. If you find it let me know where it is so I can clean it up and continue the game please.

Exception in: (RotPile).RotPile+States.root.decomposing. 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RotPile.TryCreateNotification () [0x00001] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\RotPile.cs:110 
  at RotPile+States+<>c.<InitializeStates>b__3_0 (RotPile+StatesInstance smi) [0x00000] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\RotPile.cs:33 
  at StateMachine`4+GenericInstance[StateMachineType,StateMachineInstanceType,MasterType,DefType].ExecuteActions (StateMachine`4+State[StateMachineType,StateMachineInstanceType,MasterType,DefType] state, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] actions) [0x00057] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\ai\statemachine\StateMachine.cs:874 

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object,UnityEngine.Object)
Debug:LogError (object,UnityEngine.Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:152)
DebugUtil:LogErrorArgs (UnityEngine.Object,object[]) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/DebugUtil.cs:191)
DebugUtil:LogException (UnityEngine.Object,string,System.Exception) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/DebugUtil.cs:201)
StateMachine`4/GenericInstance<RotPile/States, RotPile/StatesInstance, RotPile, object>:ExecuteActions (StateMachine`4/State<RotPile/States, RotPile/StatesInstance, RotPile, object>,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<StateMachine/Action>) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/StateMachine.cs:908)
StateMachine`4/GenericInstance<RotPile/States, RotPile/StatesInstance, RotPile, object>:PushState (StateMachine/BaseState) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/StateMachine.cs:833)
StateMachine`4/GenericInstance<RotPile/States, RotPile/StatesInstance, RotPile, object>:GoTo (StateMachine/BaseState) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/StateMachine.cs:1128)
StateMachine/Instance:StartSM () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/StateMachine.cs:252)
StateMachine`4/GenericInstance<RotPile/States, RotPile/StatesInstance, RotPile, object>:StartSM () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/StateMachine.cs:997)
RotPile:OnSpawn () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/RotPile.cs:60)
KMonoBehaviour:Spawn () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:285)
KMonoBehaviour:Start () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:243)

Build: 469369-D

Steps to Reproduce

Load the attached save file, wait about a cycle

User Feedback

Do you know what happened to Watera, Scorchilos, and Udderito? They are completely filled with neutronium. It appears what happened is a Gassy Moo died and dropped its meat outisde Udderito. 

Edited by EricKlei
Corrected location of rot pile
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

3 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Do you know what happened to Watera, Scorchilos, and Udderito? They are completely filled with neutronium. It appears what happened is a Gassy Moo died and dropped its meat outisde Udderito. 

Thank you @EricKlei . Huh. Well, that would explain it. I destroyed their contents and filled them with neutronium after I pillaged them for resources (Watera and Scorchilos) or just destroyed them because I don't use Moo's (Udderito) to improve performance. 3 fewer worlds to process.

I did that many hundreds of cycles ago and hadn't had any issues and hadn't even thought to look there but yeah, despite neutronium going to the edge of the map there are a bunch of moo's clustered out of bounds. 

image.thumb.png.015c4b5ff21e8a905f4286145fd6e311.png

Obviously not a bug when a player bricks in a world with neutronium, so this one's on me; sorry. I'll make space for them to die and remember to manually destroy them if too many accumulate. Thank you for the insight.

• Like 1

Share this comment

There's still an underlying bug where something can travel out of bounds that needs to be investigated. I've attached your save with the meat deleted so you can continue it. I recommend carving out some of that neutronium on Udderito.

Dreamland2_fixed.sav

• Thanks 3

Share this comment

7 hours ago, EricKlei said:

There's still an underlying bug where something can travel out of bounds that needs to be investigated. I've attached your save with the meat deleted so you can continue it. I recommend carving out some of that neutronium on Udderito.

Dreamland2_fixed.sav 10.29 MB · 0 downloads

Really appreciate that. I had deleted all the neutronium from all 3 worlds but that didn't fix it, presumably because by the time of the save it was already OOB and beyond the reach of the destroy tool. I had written off the save but look forward to continuing on it, thanks! 

Share this comment