~10 FPS at title screen and in game

bretcaneron
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Alright, so this is weird. Launching the game, I'm at about 10 fps at the title screen and in game, however, I've found that if I move my focus to my other monitor, by clicking on Youtube or whatever, the game runs fine. Of course when I want to actually play it, I need to click back on the game, at which point it dips back to 10 fps.

So to try and fix it, I did the obvious things like restart computer, check drivers, reinstall the game (including deleting Klei file in documents,) etc and I thought I had fixed it because, miraculously, the game started working just fine. I launched the game with a Youtube video playing on my second monitor, and once the video ended about 14minutes later, the game dropped back to 10 fps. The only think I can think of at this point is that it's a directx issue, but dxdiag shows no problems. I've got over 100hrs in this game but haven't played it in a few months.

Ryzen 5 3600

16GB RAM

GTX 1080

Steps to Reproduce

Launched the game

User Feedback

You are probably low on memory. I have almost the same CPU and GFX does not matter much and I have no such issues. But I have 32 GB and that is really needed to run other things alongside ONI. Does a reboot fix the issue if you only launch ONI?

Share this comment