Wrong population number

Annothe
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

20210209115750_1.thumb.jpg.368a9bce35958c1fe3fe38dab51c3963.jpg

15 cogs, all occupied, all alive and relatively happy. I'm pretty sure it says 15 but bugged out at some point.

Recently one of my dups died from suffocation, I reloaded from autosave and saved her.

Steps to Reproduce

Not sure

UPDATE:

Found reason - rockets.

1. Assign dup to rocket.

2. Wait till he jumps in

3. Population counter drops by 1.

Not sure if that intended behavior or not.

User Feedback

Oddly, that has been a display "feature" for years. I am not sure why it would change the population-count... We don't reduce the population of the USA every time someone jumps in an airplane and visits another country. Perhaps they need two values, but honestly, just the "actual population" is the important one, which they don't correctly incidacte.

Should be... (I say Total, because that is what we plan around, determining if we adopt another dupe. As well as "Grounded", or "Home/Here" or "Exploring".)

Population: Total Dupes, period. (Not the same as a local "body count", but in the game, that is what they display.)

Exploring: Total dupes in rockets.

Grounded: Total dupes not in space. (Total of all rocks "body counts". AKA: the current number they display as "population".)

Home: Total dupes in the starting location. (If playing "space-out")

Away: Total dupes on the ground, but not at home. (Not in space, or possibly also in space too. Better to NOT count space. We just want to see how many dupes are "not here", so we can figure out where we left them, to get them back, or send more to visit them on another rock.)

Here: Total dupes "here", which is not "home", when at a teleported location.

Share this comment