World gen bug or just pure randomness?

Taltral
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hello,

I hope i wrote something understandable since I am not used to speak or write in english...

I am not sure if this is really a bug, maybe I just don't understand the world generator. As far as I understand world gen script "OilPockets.yaml", there should be 7 POI in oil biom. (3 oil geysers, 2 Buildings and 2 generic geysers)

In my search for an easy seed für my next base I used the debug tools to take a look at the geysers I would get. (I'm still a beginner at ONI)
While testing some worldseeds in "Custom Game" world generation (about 15 – 20 different seeds) I often had only 2 or 3 POI in the oil biom.

In "Standard Game" world generation I usually got about 5-7 POI, which may be pure coincidence.

Here are some worldseeds I used

For seed 1434722108 I added a savegame

I also seem that some POI still overwrite other POI, at least in one of my tests one of the steam geysers was delete (This was reportet earlier here by CynicalBusiness) sadly I didn’t write down the seed to proof it.

So, if this is realy a bug and the POI Count per biom is fixed and you don’t intend to completely rework the World Generator in a future update it would be nice if you could take a look at those issues.

Best Regards,
Taltral

Immune Friends.sav

Steps to Reproduce
- Start new game, use option "Custom Game" and generate some seeds (or use on of the above mentioned) (don't use the first automatically generated seed) - Use Debug Tools to search for POI in oil biome at least the generic geysers should be missing

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.