White screen with sound when launching

scorpiantrail
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

When launching no matter if I am running on my integrated or Nividia graphics, full screen or windowed.

The display is white and when windowed I do have a bar at the top of my screen.image.thumb.png.d521938226b32dfce08d58e5762e3a8f.png

Specs

Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz

16GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 980M

Last played when working was previous update before automation innovation.

When checking D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data for Output_log.txt, there is no file for it there.

C:\Users\Predator\AppData\Local\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded file location is also empty.

I have tried updating to the latest Nvidia driver and deleting kplayerprefs.yaml

Update:

When I was playing around with settings again I pressed the steam screenshot key and the result was a normal screenshot with no problems.

image.thumb.png.b86fc013c29196b3a516ec1555233c9f.png

I used this to try to put it into full screen through the game and after this I had no window what so ever, but I still had sound and could interact with the menu buttons and steam could still take a screenshot.

Update 2:

After having a browse at other bugs I saw someone mention the actual output_log location.

output_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce

Happens when launching every time.

User Feedback

On 4/2/2020 at 11:58 AM, watermelen671 said:

Have you tried the standard troubleshooting methods?

What kind of sound is it making? 

I went through the entirety of the troubleshooting. This is when I updated my graphics driver.

It is the normal ONI start up and menu sound and I can occasionally hear my mouse interact with the menu buttons.

Share this comment

1 minute ago, scorpiantrail said:

I went through the entirety of the troubleshooting. This is when I updated my graphics driver.

It is the normal ONI start up and menu sound and I can occasionally hear my mouse interact with the menu buttons.

Alright, this be outta my realm of expertise. I'ma hand this one over to the devs. :wilson_ecstatic:

Share this comment

Update:

When I was playing around with settings again I pressed the steam screenshot key and the result was a normal screenshot with no problems.

image.thumb.png.b86fc013c29196b3a516ec1555233c9f.png

I used this to try to put it into full screen through the game and after this I had no window what so ever, but I still had sound and could interact with the menu buttons and steam could still take a screenshot.

Share this comment