Water suddenly appears in closed chamber.

Kasuha
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Edit: reason identified (probably). The refinery releases water over 100 C into abyssalite pipe but the pipe does not break and this water is successfully routed to the electrolyzer. When the temperature of water stored in the electrolyzer exceeds 100 C it is released as steam but immediately condenses and that blocks the cell.

Maybe not exactly a bug, just inconsistency in machine behavior and in temperature thresholds for state change between different kinds of storage (refinery, pipe, electrolyzer). As a result it gets confusing because the reason is not obvious.

Original text follows:

I have no idea why it happens and I have no idea how to avoid it but it is at least 100% reproducible (on my PC anyway).

I have an electrolyzer cell, it's nicely set up and working for a few hundred cycles already. Suddenly and for no apparent reason, there appears some water at the two bottom electrolyzer tiles. Sometimes some water even floods the gas pump below.

The problem is that I have no idea how to avoid it since it persists even through save/load. Well, at least it's reproducible.

4lRSkIf.jpg

6vlBPmY.jpg

pE5czx1.jpg

Laboratory.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load attached save, check the focused electrolyzer cell, let the game run.

User Feedback

Trying to save the cell by painting oxygen over the water in debug mode does not help - it appears again and again.

Okay I can confirm that it's done by the electrolyzer. Disabling it prevents that happening, but enabling it makes it happen again. Also the moment it happens the electrolyzer loses all its stored water so it somehow releases that water into the environment.

M4f5Ea5.jpg

Next observation: I think I understand what's going on. For some reason the water survives transfer through abyssalite pipe even though its temperature is over 100 C and then it gets released by the electrolyzer. So I'm not sure if it still counts as a bug (I guess the water should break the pipe?) but at least I know what to do about it.

Share this comment

Does this effect happen after just loading a save? I've noticed that if you unpause the game before it processes how much material the Dupes have dug up late game (300+ cycles), it causes water to become displaced and fall from out of the air next to where water tiles are that are surrounded by Air Mesh tiles. It could be the water at the input point does the same thing.

Share this comment