Water Paint Tool in Debug Mode Broken

KarasuKokuou
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hey sorry to bother, but I'm trying to fill a tank I made with water in debug modeĀ and its... well its breaking the physics honestly. I set it to liquid water at 1kg at 294 kelvin and try to paint it in as a block and as soon as I unpause all the water sinks down into the bottom row of tiles into 5kgs worth per tile. I'm not sure what's causing it. I thought if you tried to put more than 1kg of water into one tile it would spill outward because of pressure, but now its getting super condensed at the very bottom instead of filling the tank. I'm playing in the current launch update.

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

Screenshot (13).png

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (15).png

Steps to Reproduce
I was trying to make a tank of water to pump into my washrooms. I hadnt even put in the water pump yet. All I did was make a hollow box made out of tiles and tried to fill it with water but instead of filling it all sunk to the bottom of the tank and set at a ridiculous 5kg of water per tile which I thought was supposed to be impossible. And adding more water just makes it keep sinking and raising how much is condensed into the bottom row of water tiles.

User Feedback

Err, why 5kg breaking the physics? Check pool of water in the bottom right corner of your screenshot, it should be around 1000kg per tile. Deeper may have slightly bigger mass.

In your normal play, you should be able to find few places with much bigger mass per tile. For example, oil pockets in oil biome.

Share this comment

34 minutes ago, abud said:

Err, why 5kg breaking the physics? Check pool of water in the bottom right corner of your screenshot, it should be around 1000kg per tile. Deeper may have slightly bigger mass.

In your normal play, you should be able to find few places with much bigger mass per tile. For example, oil pockets in oil biome.

...... I was supposed to set it to 1000kg not one. Thank you, this is why I shouldnt be doing anything involving math at 3am in the morning with no sleep. XD

• Like 1

Share this comment