The Turbulence node in biome noise files does not work and will crash the game.
I discovered the reason was due to faulty code in ONI. In ProcGen.Noise.Transformer.CreateModule(), it has logic for Turbulence but is missing a return statement (and instead falls back to returning a Displace transformer). This then fails with a NullReferenceException because it tries to cast the erroneous Displace to a Turbulence instance (because the transformerType is Turbulence).
- Crash log
- The biome noise file I was testing
- Image showing the biome noise graph
EDIT: For anyone running into this, the Displace node acts similar to Turbulence, and I was able to switch it out for my use case.
- Replace any biome noise file with DarkCave.yaml.
- Create a new asteroid with that biome.
- Freeze on loading screen.