Unreachable bed - cot assignments

ohanaya
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

I have 6 Dupes, 9 beds, and 5 of the dupes auto-assigned to "cot" and just chose a bed to sleep in.  One Dupe "meep" will not auto-assign to cot, when I select a cot I see all the Dupe names with "cot" next to them except Meep.  For him, and as a tooltip warning on the top left I see "Unreachable bed".  All of the beds are accessible, and there is no reason Meep should be the only one who could not reach a bed.

For the next cycle I manually assigned Meep to a bed.  As soon as I selected to assign Meep and confirmed that action with the cot, Meep ran to a different bed entirely during the daytime, and took a brief nap, then got back up again.

Weird behavior.  Can't blame him after not sleeping for 3 days.  While I don't want to make this game harder, there should probably also be some kind of penalty for sleep deprivation.

Steps to Reproduce
Meep was doing research and not going to sleep. I'm not sure how to reproduce it, but he continues to not sleep in the assigned/correct bed. Though after assignment, he does sleep at night now.

User Feedback

I found an issue that might be related to this with a 100% repro. Save/Load will fix the issue.

Issue:

• Unreachable bed
  • Duplicant won't sleep at night
  • Duplicants stanima at 0%, still won't sleep

Repro:

• Have one more duplicant than beds
  • Wait till night, all duplicants are asleep (all beds occupied)
  • Select a bed with a duplicant sleeping in
  • Assign a duplicant that doesn't have a bed
  • Wait till next night
  • Observe that the prev. owner of the bed won't sleep.

Notes:

Share this comment