[TU-211867] Hydrogen generator won't shut down when batteries are full

Kasuha
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

I'm not sure if this counts as a bug but the hydrogen generator has the same gauge and does detect when batteries are full similarly to how hamster wheels work, but it won't shut down when batteries are full and keeps wasting hydrogen.

PIEfNLH.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Build a circuit with hydrogen generator, battery, and a few energy consumers similar to the image. Provide supply of hydrogen to the generator. Start the generator up. When the battery is fully charged, the generator keeps running

User Feedback

This is still in AU-217258 and also applies (at least) to the Natural Gas Generator.

As we don't have a way to detect 'battery full' status and switch electric networks depending on that state to disable a pump that feeds gas into the generator(s) or other ways to shut them down except manual intervention this is quite wasteful resources wise - and on the same level of micromanagement as the massage tables have been.

Please fix this soon, preferably prior the early access, as it isn't fun to run into a defunct mechanic.

00d3a8a1ec.jpg

Natural gas generators keep running even with the normal wire (feeding the pump for natural gas) not draining any power at all.

Share this comment

I have the same issue with all generators except the manual one. Dupes will realise when the battery is full and jump off but the same does,'t happen with the non dupe powered generators. Realised I was burning through resources way too quickly.

Share this comment