[TU-211579] Valve requested flow rate cannot be canceled

PVD
  • Pending

If you give task to change valve flow rate,then you can not cancel it.

Steps to Reproduce
Ask to change valve flow rate, you can not cancel it.

User Feedback

In a way, you can by "resetting" the value to what you had before. So if you changed it to 10kg and go, OOPS, I want 1000g, you can just go back to that number. It won't cancel the request, but in effect, nothing will change with your valve because IIRC the latest request overwrites the first.

Still, I think there should be a cancel option (and possibly a priority too).

P.S. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, because that wouldn't be a bug anyway, but a feature request.

Edited by Keyimin

Share this comment

6 hours ago, Keyimin said:

In a way, you can by "resetting" the value to what you had before. So if you changed it to 10kg and go, OOPS, I want 1000g, you can just go back to that number. It won't cancel the request, but in effect, nothing will change with your valve because IIRC the latest request overwrites the first.

Still, I think there should be a cancel option (and possibly a priority too).

P.S. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, because that wouldn't be a bug anyway, but a feature request.

The problem, if say I want to set 10 g/s I need to change resolution and ui scale, then spend about minute, then change resolution back, wait I want to cancel, ok change resolution again, ui scale again, spend some minutes, then turn screen back. Yeah, it's definitely OK. So, if any job in this game can be canceled, why this one can not be, i drag and drop cancel tool on it and it does not work, so I guess it's is can be called a bug.

Share this comment

I don't understand why you need to change resolution and UI scale just to set a valve?

And no, not everything can be canceled to the extent that valves currently operate like doors, some machines, power switches, etc. You can't cancel settings for those; you have to overwrite them by choosing a different setting (like with door settings). It's a toggle function, but it would be better to operate like a job function, which would give you priorities and the ability to cancel.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Keyimin said:

I don't understand why you need to change resolution and UI scale just to set a valve?

And no, not everything can be canceled to the extent that valves currently operate like doors, some machines, power switches, etc. You can't cancel settings for those; you have to overwrite them by choosing a different setting (like with door settings). It's a toggle function, but it would be better to operate like a job function, which would give you priorities and the ability to cancel.

but in that case overwriting is working as canceling, here is not (due to floating point, or maybe...)I scale UI to insert more accurate values.

Share this comment