Trapped Dupe

Ferafson
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

After deconstructing a tile or digging away a tile where a dupe is standing on, dupe is trapped on the tile.

In this case, a ladder was removed, but the dupe is still hanging in the air, although mostly he just jumps to the other ladder.  Only building the ladder anew makes him 'available' again.  Didn't  try to move him manually at that moment, just saved the game so it could be attached.  I added screenshot, because savegame is no help in finding bug: saving and reloading removes the trapped status. 

dupe-experiencing-zero-gravity.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

Don't know how to reproduce exactly, because it does not happen all the time.  Deconstruct a tile a dupe is on, and see if you are 'lucky', I guess...

User Feedback

I've had this occur twice, and pretty sure it was the same dupe.

First time it was a removed a tile. He was floating in the air until I built a tile under him.

The second time it was from what I could tell a newly built ladder.
(I was excavating upwards as per the screenshot, every second ladder was higher priority)
The attachments are from the second event.

On loading the game, he initially shows as invisible without navigation points, but on unpause he navigates again as expected.

(I'm assuming he does a little drop)

PS - This was on the current dev build (DLC) on Windows. EX1-445422
Liklely related to Dupe getting stuck - Oxygen Not Included - Klei Entertainment Forums

Urth.png

20201217093046_1.jpg

Urth.sav Player.log

Edited by PyroSA

Share this comment