Thermo Aquatuner - Infinite heat?

phmarriel
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

Found a water geyser close to frozen area. Thought it would be nice to run long pipes trough the frozen area to reduce water temp since i still didnt have the aquatuner. It works..less than i thought it would (it was -30 degress there) but it works. Then i got the aquatuner. I placed two of it in series right in the middle of the frozen area. I know they heat up the vicinity and that the geyser water is at 65 degrees but i thought the temperature around it could handle. They almost immediately get reallyyyyy hot and explode (almost sure a saw one 700c one time) . I figured they were too close. Put they far apart and try again. Again they explode. Give up on using more than one and try again. It explodes again. And every single time it exploded, what is shown on the image happens. Even though the aquatuner is gone and no water is running the area remains hot. The firt few times the heat would go away after sweeping the area of all the bits (some of the bits would cause the duplicants to get the too hot warning (dont remember the name) ) . But this one last time (only one aquatuner in the middle of a frozen area) the heat doesnt go away. it keeps fluctuating between 100 a 150 degrees. The pipes on the image were place after giving up. With all that the water temperature drops from 65 to 61. Ps: awesome game

Thermo Aquatuner.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Simply putting the thermo aquatuner in the middle of the frozen area and running 65 degree water through them.

User Feedback

It's not a bug.

You just use aquatuner in wrong way.

Aquatuner don't destroy heat, it only take it from liquid and try to disperse into environment. If environment can't take that much heat, aquatuner temp will rise and it break.

Share this comment