Thermo aquatuner baypassing liquid pockets.

OneofTHEM
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Thermo aquatuner uses power but skips water pockets. The description says it's cooling liquid but there isn't any cooling effect on the liquid pocket. I tested this in a sandbox and its seems to work properly. What's more, when I start playing on that save its working without issue as long as I looking at this. A bug occurs when it is off screen. I did some testing and it seems to work properly when liquid shutoff is disabled (top-left corner) by automation.

Example:image.thumb.jpeg.e3ef96c1990f4d98406f0d6279107b8f.jpeg

When shutoff is enabled20221107114653_1.thumb.jpg.4cac5ee67c9210e9e9a36ba37dfd3abb.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

1. Make thermo aquatuner cooling loop.

2.Use bridge to skip liquid thats is cool enough.

3.Use liquid shutoff in cooling line.

4.Thermo aquatuner starts skipping liquid pockets.

• Like 1

User Feedback

The aquatuner doesn't work correctly if the packets are one on, one off. The sensor turns it on and off and it skips the packet it was supposed to cool. It's probably a bug but the aquatuner built like that with a sensor just before its input, works correctly only when there is continues flow of one kind of liquid

Share this comment

17 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

The aquatuner doesn't work correctly if the packets are one on, one off. The sensor turns it on and off and it skips the packet it was supposed to cool. It's probably a bug but the aquatuner built like that with a sensor just before its input, works correctly only when there is continues flow of one kind of liquid

That's true, but I have a few notes:

1. I did some tests and it seems to work as you said but the sensor says its active even if there isn't any liquid pocket in the pipe.

20221108131208_1.thumb.jpg.ec294e0fbc4ad09a7d7bed6b698ece49.jpg20221108131158_1.thumb.jpg.eb178b6551f3ef2065f36afe6c13150b.jpg

What's more, when I remove liquid from the measured pipe, the aquatuner skips some pockets but not all. 

20221108132326_1.thumb.jpg.0afd74d899c6054f46fa8d493a65c64e.jpg

2.When I deconstructed liquid shut off (main post 1st pic) it started working correctly even if there wasn't continuous flow. 

Anyway, it's very weird behavior  and I spent 2 hours trying to fix it xD 

• Like 1

Share this comment

56 minutes ago, OneofTHEM said:

the sensor says its active even if there isn't any liquid pocket in the pipe.

Pipe sensors only work correctly if there is something to measure, otherwise they stay in their last measured value. Also, pipe sensor doesn't work correctly at the output or input of bridges because bridges "teleport" elements from one side to the other.

Aquatuner doesn't like the one on, one off packets passing the sensor. It probably turns off too soon so the moment the first packet reaches it, it's already turned off so it bypasses the aquatuner. I'm not sure if this behaviour can be fixed in coding but you can make it not happen by making sure there is no sequence on-off in liquid packets reaching the aquatuner that flicker the sensor on-off.

1 hour ago, OneofTHEM said:

Anyway, it's very weird behavior  and I spent 2 hours trying to fix it xD

I'm glad you found a fix for it! :-D

I once watched pipes flow for 4-5 hours in order to find where exactly was liquid deleted (that bug is still at loose but probably less common after optimizations)

Share this comment

The more you know, the less dupes will be injured though extreme heat xD

Imo it's unclear because of notification and animation(it's probably burnt out my fuel, even if it's not doing anything) . I have noticed this in time, otherwise my colony might be dead :/

Thanks for advices <3 :D 

• Like 1

Share this comment