[Thermal Update] Gas loss in a closed system

QuQuasar
  • Known Issue

The attached save file and images demonstrate a closed system as part of an oxygen liquidizer. 

A mix of Polluted Oxygen/Hydrogen is pumped out of the lower room using the pump on the right: the hydrogen is send through the Thermo-cooler before being returned to the room, and the oxygen is fed back into the room directly. All gas that leaves the room is returned to the room.

nL2ru5q.jpg

ONrN4mP.jpg

This system was originally primed with hydrogen and oxygen to the point where I could not pump any more into the room. As you can see, it is now a near-vaccum in the lower room despite there being no way for gas to exit the system.

I've attached two versions of the save: "Gas loss Bug.sav" demonstrates the room in the near-vaccum state it ended up in, while "Gas loss Bug - Primed.sav" has the room already primed with Oxygen and Hydrogen, and should allow you to easily replicate the error simply by allowing the game to run for a cycle or two.

Gas loss Bug.sav

Gas loss Bug - Primed.sav

Steps to Reproduce
1. Load "Gas loss Bug - Primed.sav" 2. Allow the liquidizer to run for a cycle.

User Feedback

Additional point: the problem does not seem to be specific to the fork in the middle of the design. I revised the design to output hydrogen and oxygen from separate vents rather than from the same vent, and thus remove all forking in the piping, but still experienced gas loss.

Edited by QuQuasar

Share this comment