[Thermal Update] Dupe suffocation animated (in block) but able to breath. No other dupe helps destroy blocks.

Zzzach
  • Pending

See the attached video below.

A glitch exists currently where dupes will get stuck in a tile they build above themselves, THIS IS NOT THAT BUG.

It may be related, but when this occurs, the dupe is animated that they are suffocating, but their breath is increasing. They cannot move (suffocating in block), but they will stay there forever.

In the video, I was unaware that my other dupe can't destroy (oh goodness), but primarily notice the suffocating dupes breath increase.

On save/reload, the dupe suffocated was "popped" out? Still not sure, but they got out, then destroyed the blocks.

Steps to Reproduce
Currently unknown. Dupes were digging and building tiles, the dupe suffocating in tile glitch occurs, then the other dupe doesn't do anything. Try replicating the setup in the video.

User Feedback

I think Ruby is incapable of building, only delivering materials for construction.

Others confirmed in older bug reports, that dupes can breath with their bums, so it doesnt matter if their head stuck. :D 

Share this comment