The black hole is eating my game

Cacau Show
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I bought the game a few hours ago and tried to create the first save. I managed to pick the crew, but as soon as i eat the game and try to dig the black hole, it devoured my game. I tried again, it gave the same problem until i thought about creating another world... I just chose the asteroid and the black hole devours my game again.

I don't have antivirus, tried by the administration and nothing.I tried it with a mod for my language ( portuguese ) and no mod, but the error remains.

My steam is up to date. I've uninstalled and re-installed both the game and steam... I don't know what else to do besides ask for a refund.

Obs: Log folder not creaetd by game.

desconhecido.png?  largura = 842 & altura = 473

Steps to Reproduce

Failed to save a temporary cursor file to 'C:\Users\Beth\AppData\Local\Temp\cur31A7.tmp'.

at InterfaceTool.OnActivateTool () [0x00000] in <4d5210689d454b148ee8bf399a4b6b43>:0 
  at InterfaceTool.ActivateTool () [0x00000] in <4d5210689d454b148ee8bf399a4b6b43>:0 
  at PlayerController.ActivateTool (InterfaceTool tool) [0x00000] in <4d5210689d454b148ee8bf399a4b6b43>:0 
  at PlayerController.OnSpawn () [0x00000] in <4d5210689d454b148ee8bf399a4b6b43>:0 
  at KMonoBehaviour.Spawn () [0x00000] in <7110358c02a14df2a7a2562defcc57da>:0 
  at KMonoBehaviour.Start () [0x00000] in <7110358c02a14df2a7a2562defcc57da>:0 
Build: U33-474321-B

User Feedback

Something is preventing access to your Temp folder. Could you try disabling Controlled Folder Access and let me know if that works? There's a section in our troubleshooting guide explaining how to do this. If you have other ransomware or security software you might want to investigate those as well.

There's further discussion about the issue in this thread, though we have not reached a conclusion on what causes this. I'm unable to reproduce it locally, however, when I enable Controlled Folder Access my cursor defaults to the Windows cursor instead of the game cursor so I suspect it could be the cause.

Could you also please attach your DxDiag report? Details also found in the troubleshooting guide.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

If disabling Controlled Folder Access doesn't work, there's a potential fix for it in the public testing branch you can try. It will go live to everyone on Thursday but you can try it now if you like. Instructions on how to switch to the testing branch can be found here.

Your cursor might look like the default Windows cursor, but hopefully that's the only issue.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

5 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Something is preventing access to your Temp folder. Could you try disabling Controlled Folder Access and let me know if that works? There's a section in our troubleshooting guide explaining how to do this. If you have other ransomware or security software you might want to investigate those as well.

There's further discussion about the issue in this thread, though we have not reached a conclusion on what causes this. I'm unable to reproduce it locally, however, when I enable Controlled Folder Access my cursor defaults to the Windows cursor instead of the game cursor so I suspect it could be the cause.

Could you also please attach your DxDiag report? Details also found in the troubleshooting guide.

To be honest, I don't know how to put this information, so it was a little outdated.

I managed to fix the error by uninstalling Klei's folder and installing the game again.

Edit: 

The game was back in trouble and I just gave up and decided to ask for a refund.

It only worked on the old version, but I paid to play the new versions, so since I can't play it...

Thanks for reading.
Edited by Cacau Show

Share this comment