Temperature fluctuations. icebox barely chilling, oxygen temp jumps back up immediately after exiting

SomeRandomFinn
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

I built an AETN-powered icebox (polluted water) to cool my (SPOM) oxygen. Even though the polluted water in the icebox is close to freezing, and the oxygen passes through 16 radiant pipes (8 Wolframite, 8 steel), the oxygen coming out is roughly the same temperature as it is going in: more than +40 C.

I started with just the Wolframite tiles, and when that wasn't chilling the oxygen I thought it might just be a nerf of some kind. Then I added the steel, but with no better success.

The oxygen is somewhat chilled when going through the icebox. But there are a lot of temperature fluctuations - sometimes it's close to freezing, sometimes more than 40 degrees warm. However, whatever the temperature of the oxygen in the icebox, the first pipe tile the oxygen hits after leaving the icebox, the oxygen temperature immediately jumps up to 40-50 degrees.

ONIBugging01.png

Steps to Reproduce
Pump a gas through radiant tiles in an icebox. Observe gas temperatures before, during, and after going through the icebox.

User Feedback

Update: setting build commands - in my case to build over 5-6 of the radiant pipes with regular granite pipes - makes the output temperature of the oxygen leaving the icebox drop to close to zero. However, it immediately starts rising back to 40-50C. This happens even though no dupes have actually built anything yet.

Similarly, when a dupe comes and actually replaces one (or more) of the tiles with granite, the temperature drops to slightly above 0 (which I imagine is close to what it would be without the bug), but then the temperature immediately stars rising to 40-50 again.

Share this comment