Technology Tree Too Large On 4K Screen (150% UI Scale)

goatt
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

So I just started to play the game and this is how the technology tree looks.

Spoiler

5d41e2eedd382_Screenshot(97).thumb.png.2ff8945fab7db1eb77cae8ea556eeb53.png

It's the smallest I can make it to be. and this fills up my entire screen. Moving the tree around is very slow.

Something I played around:

1. If I scale UI to 75%, the whole tree will be quite small.

2. If I scale UI to 125% / 150% after scaling to 75%, the trees looked normal once I open it, but once I started to zoom in and out, it got stuck with what happens in screenshot, i.e. screenshot would be the smallest I could get.

3. I clicked on the magnifier icons on the top right, and it didn't work.

Steps to Reproduce
My game was fullscreen. UI scale is 150%. My screen resolution was 3840 x 2160. Once I opened the tech tree, I scroll the mouse to zoom in and out, then this would be the smallest I could get.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

I can report this same issue on my 4K monitor as well, in the research selection screen, everything is so huge it takes forever to scroll from one side to the other, and you can never see more than a couple research choices on the screen at once. There have been many bug/general threads about this issue in the last 24 hours, one commenter mentioned "it's not a blocking issue"... yes research can be selected and you can go on with the game, but it's quite painful trying to see what choices are available.

allowing us to zoom out farther than one insignificant notch would probably fix it, maybe a config somewhere for research screen scaling separate from the rest of the UI, or a default scaling that takes monitor resolution into account so 4K looks similar to what the oldschool 2K heathens see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment