Suffocating duplicants running in circles

Switchgear
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

"Problem" report
I'm not sure this exactly consistutes as a "bug" but it certainly is a problem.
I have noticed sometimes duplicants spazzing out when they are low on oxygen. "Spazzing out" meaning that they will travel a few spaces one direction, then the other. Sometimes one of the points that they turn around at will be partially up or down a ladder. But they do not seem to have the entire "circle" that they are running back and forth on on a ladder.

What I believe the problem is:
This seems to happen when I have placed an algae terrarium somewhat nearby but it has made little difference so far. Whether it was placed down recently or the oxygen is being consumed very quickly or some other reason, from what I've seen it doesn't seem to make a difference.
The duplicant seems to be trying to go to this oxygen source to breathe, but then quite quickly changes their mind and starts heading back to base. Then changes their mind again, possibly because the other source is closer. Maybe the oxygen is moving out of their reach or is consumed and that's why they seem to change their minds.

What I expect to happen:
That after the duplicant changes their mind, they commit to whichever oxygen source they are travelling to unless it A: Becomes unavailable or B: they will not reach it in time and another source becomes available that they can reach in time.

Steps to reproduce (as best I can fathom):
Place an algae terrarium in a biome otherwise filled entirely with carbon dioxide. Perhaps quite a ways away from the base for good measure. Then assign tasks within that biome, before much breathable air has been created.

Steps to Reproduce
Place an algae terrarium in a biome otherwise filled entirely with carbon dioxide. Perhaps quite a ways away from the base for good measure. Then assign tasks within that biome, before much breathable air has been created.

User Feedback

They're chasing a dancing breathable gas bubble.

The problem is then that you've set up a situation where you should othwerwise maybe keep an eye on the work being done in low beathable gas environments.

It is annoying that they seek single tiles of breathable gas.

Share this comment